No Picture

Daesh is not dead and buried; it is another tool in the war on terror

As the pick-up trucks and black-clad soldiers of Daesh overran the city of Raqqa in northern Syria and declared the establishment of a new ‘Caliphate’ in 2014, the world watched in astonishment. Some were taken in by the emergence of this shadowy group, seeing it as the new saviour of the Muslim world, daring to do what the monarchies and regimes in the Middle East had been too afraid, apathetic or sold out to do. They declared that the regional countries were “Zionist puppets” and so the task had passed to this new group to establish the long-awaited Caliphate. Others were more sceptical of Daesh and its supposed legitimacy, and rightly so. Opinions aside, Daesh moved rapidly, seizing both urban […]

The post Daesh is not dead and buried; it is another tool in the war on terror appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Iraq: Civilian safety ‘a priority’ in planned Kirkuk campaign

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

The Iraqi army on Sunday said the evacuation of endangered civilians would take priority during planned operations to capture Kirkuk’s southern Al-Hawija district from the Daesh terrorist group. On Saturday, the Defence Ministry announced that the army had redeployed troops from Baghdad to the northern Kirkuk province in advance of a fresh campaign to retake Al-Hawija, which has been held by Daesh since mid-2014. “We aren’t going to rush this campaign,” Brigadier-General Yahya Rasul, a spokesman for the Iraqi army’s Joint Operations Command (JOC), told Anadolu Agency, adding: Our priority will be the evacuation of civilians trapped [in Al-Hawija] by the terrorists “The JOC’s plan is unequivocal in this regard,” Rasul added. “Our first objective will be liberating civilians and […]

The post Iraq: Civilian safety ‘a priority’ in planned Kirkuk campaign appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Turkey criticises German ‘populism’ after Merkel shift on EU membership

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

A spokesman for Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan accused German politicians on Monday of indulging in populism after Chancellor Angela Merkel said she would seek an end to Ankara’s European Union membership talks. Merkel, seeking a fourth term in office in Germany’s September 24 election, said in a debate on Sunday it was clear that Turkey should not join the European Union, and that she would talk to other EU leaders about ending its stalled accession process. “It is not a coincidence that our president Erdogan was the main topic of the debate,” Erdogan’s spokesman Ibrahim Kalin tweeted, criticising what he described as mainstream German politicians’ “indulgence in populism”. “Germany and Europe’s attacks on Turkey/Erdogan, by ignoring essential and urgent problems, […]

The post Turkey criticises German ‘populism’ after Merkel shift on EU membership appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Turkey should not become EU member, Merkel tells TV debate

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Sunday she would seek an end to Turkey’s membership talks with the European Union in an apparent shift of her position during a televised debate weeks before a German election. During a television debate with her centre-left challenger Martin Schulz, Merkel said: The fact is clear that Turkey should not become a member of the EU Her statement came after Schulz said he would stop Turkey’s bid to join the EU if he was elected chancellor. “Apart from this, I’ll speak to my colleagues to see if we can reach a joint position on this so that we can end these accession talks,” Merkel added. The comments are likely to worsen already strained ties […]

The post Turkey should not become EU member, Merkel tells TV debate appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Pilgrims return to Mecca as hajj winds down without incident

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

More than two million pilgrims participating in the hajj this week began returning to Mecca on Sunday for final prayers as the world’s largest annual gathering of Muslims winds down. Senior Saudi officials said the rituals, which have in the past seen deadly stampedes, fires and riots to which authorities sometimes struggled to respond, had gone off without incident. Mecca province governor Prince Khaled al-Faisal, who heads the central hajj committee, called this year’s pilgrimage a success. He told reporters in Mina, east of Mecca: I am proud today to have offered these services and I am proud of all my brothers who participated and I am proud of each pilgrim who came to this land and assisted in the […]

The post Pilgrims return to Mecca as hajj winds down without incident appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Intraday Trade : <b>Crude Oil</b>

September 4, 2017 http://crude-oil.top/ 0

Crude oil prices drop on Monday. 29 Aug 2017 11:00 IST. Polymerupdate News Service gives you everything you need to stay informed and react to …The post Intraday Trade : <b>Crude Oil</b> appeared first on crude-oil.news.
The post Int…

No Picture

Iran says it cahsed off US spy plane and drone

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

Iran’s air defences have forced an approaching US spy plane and a reconnaissance drone to change course near its air space over the past six months, a military official was quoted as saying on Sunday . Brigadier General Farzad Esmaili, commander of the Iran’s air defence force, said an unmanned RQ-4 drone was intercepted last week and a U2 spy plane was warned away in March, the semi-official Fars news agency reported. “When the warning was given to the pilot of this (U2) plane at the Strait of Hormuz, he knew that he was being targeted by two separate radars … and missile systems,” Esmaili said. Quoted by the Tasnim news agency, Esmaili added: Iran will never allow such hostile […]

The post Iran says it cahsed off US spy plane and drone appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Israel set for $28 bln infrastructure spending boost

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday his office would soon publish a multi-year infrastructure spending plan worth more than 100 billion shekel ($28 billion). Speaking at the start of Israel’s weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu said the planned projects would include private sector investment. Bank of Governor Karnit Flug told the meeting that improving public transport infrastructure would be one area of investment. “The level of infrastructure in Israel is insufficient, particularly in the area of public transportation, and mainly in the major cities, but also in the electricity delivery system and in communication infrastructure,” Flug told ministers. The volume of annual investment is low by international comparison, and we are therefore not closing the gap in the level […]

The post Israel set for $28 bln infrastructure spending boost appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

Iran re-imposes death sentence on spiritual figure that supreme court quashed

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

An Iranian court has re-imposed the death penalty on the founder of a spiritual movement after the first sentence was struck down by the supreme court, the judiciary said on Sunday. Mohammad Ali Taheri, founder of Erfan Halgheh which calls itself “Interuniversalism” in English, was arrested in 2011 and given five years in prison for “insulting Islamic sanctities”. He was sentenced to death by a Revolutionary Court in 2015 for “corruption on earth” but the Supreme Court later quashed the sentence. “(Taheri’s) case was sent back to court and tried with the presence of a lawyer and various advisors and the judge has again reached,” Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei was quoted as saying by the news agency ISNA. The […]

The post Iran re-imposes death sentence on spiritual figure that supreme court quashed appeared first on aroundworld24.com.

No Picture

US-led coalition says Daesh Syria convoy split in two

September 4, 2017 Middle East Monitor 0

A Daesh evacuation convoy trying to reach Daesh territory in east Syria has split in two, with some buses remaining in the open desert after others turned back into government-held areas, a US-led coalition fighting the group said on Sunday. The Syrian government and Lebanon’s Hezbollah group offered the convoy of about 300 lightly armed fighters and about 300 family members safe passage a week ago in return for Daesh surrendering an enclave on the Syria-Lebanon border. However, the coalition has blocked the convoy from entering Daesh territory in east Syria, near the border with Iraq, by cratering roads and destroying bridges, saying it opposes the evacuation deal as being “not a lasting solution”. “One group remains in the open […]

The post US-led coalition says Daesh Syria convoy split in two appeared first on aroundworld24.com.